Presented by Provet Veterinary Instrumentation and Crampton Consulting Group
3rd – 4th September 2022, Mantra Legends, Gold Coast QLD, Australia
Veterinary Instrumentation’s inaugural Orthopaedic Symposium has been designed to grow both Veterinary and Nursing knowledge within your practice in order to “Do more and treat better.”
The Symposium will be split into two streams to support your practice’s Orthopaedic knowledge, encompassing both Veterinary and Nursing streams.
The Veterinary Stream will incorporate five of Australia’s leading Orthopaedic Specialists and CPD presenters. It will explore in-depth the cervical spine, shoulder, elbow and carpus using both presentation and small group, case-based and scientifically supported discussions. The aim is to target the most common thoracic limb lameness cases seen in Australian small animal practice, providing clinicians with improved practical knowledge surrounding lameness evaluation, investigation modalities and treatment options.
The Nursing Stream will target all aspects of specialised Orthopaedic Veterinary Nursing, aiming to ensure clinic Orthopaedic patients are treated to gold standard care. Topics include anatomy and physiology, pre-anaesthesia checks, anaesthesia and pain relief for Orthopaedic patients, hospital care, physiotherapy, post-operative care and nutritional management.
Incorporating presentations from Orthopaedic Veterinary Specialists, leading Nursing and Surgical Nursing presenters, the Nursing stream will culminate with presentations on managing stress and resilience as a part of your own self-care.
- Dr Mark Glyde BVSc MACVSc MVS HDipUTL DipECVS
- Dr Lucas Beierer BVSc GradDipEd MVetSurg DACVSSA Registered Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
- Dr Mark Newman BVSc MVS MANZCVS DipECVS
- Dr Ricky Cashmore BVSc FANZCVS (SAS) Registered Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
- Dr Tim Pearson BVSc MANZCVS GradDipEd MVetClinStud MVetSurg DipECVS Registered Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
- Tania Gover Business Development Advisor Assoc.Dip.App.Sc. VN
- Andrew Thompson Cert IV VN, Cert IV TAE, Dip. Counselling
- Navin Prakash Veterinary Technology Clinical Coordinator BAppSci(VT), RVT, CVN, AFHEA
- Katrinka Geelen BHSC (OT), Cert VN, BHSC (PT), PG Dip (Vet Pty)
- Dr Keely Wilson BVSc MVetClinStud MVA MANZCVS DipACVAA
- Dr Alena Gadoury BVSc (First Class Honours), BScN
- Maggie Burley – RVN, Cert IV VN, Dip VN (Dentistry), VTS (Dentistry)
For more information and to register, download the brochure or visit the Symposium website using the links below.
COVID-19 Travel Restrictions in Australia
Australia’s federal, state and territory governments have put restrictions in place to slow the spread of COVID-19. Visit the Australian Department of Health website to check the current restrictions before booking for events in Australia.